Tuesday 12 February 2013

Equipment List for Documentary

What equipment we need for the, 'How pop music has changed?' Documentary...



Camera
We will obviously need a camera to film the documentary, preferably I would rather be using a smaller but still good quality camera as we will be moving from different locations as this will be of great assistance if we are lugging heavy equipment around. We are going to rent these from the media department at Ravens Wood School.







Microphone - Boom and handheld
We need a microphone to record audio for my documentary. When I
have organized interviews with bands and industry professionals, I will use a Boom microphone because I don't have to hold the mic in my hand and it will give a nice solid flow of audio throughout the interview because its in  the same position and we will most probably be inside so there will not be any wind noise and there is no need to use the sock.
Nevertheless the quick interviews that I'm going to do with random members of the public I will use a hand held microphone because this doesn't bring a lot of unwanted attention to us which you'd get with a big boom microphone and also just makes it easier to get a clear sound of the persons voice by holding it close to there mouth, through all the loud crowds in urban areas, this is defiantly a better choice. This will be rented from the media department at Ravens Wood School.


Paper and pens for questions for interviews for what questions
A notepad and pens are essential to take to the interview in order to take brief notes on what our interviewee replies to each of our questions. So this will help us evaluate each question. Spare pens will also be essential to bring as one may run out and prevent us from writing our notes.









Prepared Questions and other paper work
I will have pre-prepared questions for the interviews, I will do some of my own research on some different bands and industry professionals that I plan to interview. These are an essential piece of information to bring because this will ensure i have got a interesting interview not a vague boring one.










Tripod
This shall be rented from the media department, this will help us film a steady interview and prevent the camera from shaking, which will physically make the interview look very amateur and unprofessional, which we want to avoid and giving a polished and high grade final project. This shall also be included within the deposit from the media department at Ravens Wood School.







Small light (e.g. lamp)

Because I will be doing some interviewing on public streets, I will need someone to hold the camera whilst I ask questions, so I will need a teammate to do this for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment